More and more couples saying ‘I do’ nowadays met online before they meet in real life, but it’s still kind of a weird thought, right? Here are 10 things you can identify with if you met your other half online.
1. You still think it’s kind of mental how you met. Like, if I hadn’t swiped to the right, I wouldn’t have this seriously nice ring on my left hand.
2. Maybe before you got engaged to someone you met online, you found the idea of online dating not so desirable — now you don’t understand why everyone doesn’t do it. You knew you both loved cats and hated pineapple on pizza even before your first date. You were meant to be.
3. You briefly consider how to incorporate how you met into your wedding theme. Then you realise that’s probably a bad idea.
4. Although, you’re definitely thanking eHarmony in your wedding speeches.
5. Your mind is still blown by the fact that if you hadn’t given into peer pressure and logged onto to that dating app, you never would have met the person you’re about to call your husband/wife. Mind. Blown.
6. On the morning of your wedding you try not to think about the fact you were so nervous before your first date you nearly didn’t go.
7. And you hope the maid of honour doesn’t get too drunk and reveal that you both pored over your other half’s pictures before decided that yeah, they didn’t look too bad and were worth a date...
8. Until the best man reveals in his speech that you were known as the ‘hot girl from Tinder’ for at least year...
9. Then your story doesn’t sound so bad. But you still don’t want them to know you had a ‘get out’ routine planned with your roommate, just in case they turned out to be mental. Luckily you didn’t need it.
10. And luckily, you actually met your favourite person in the world, in the midst of all the weirdos of online dating. God, technology is great.