2015 Brides!!

zoe@hitched
Page 1 of 5 (61 items) 12345Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 6 Feb 2013 15:14

2015 Brides!!

By special request, here's a thread for 2015 brides! Introduce yourself and share information about your planning stages - what have you done so far, how organised are you?

(*Kitkat* this is for you!)

Zoe x

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 4:39

Re: 2015 Brides!!

hi everyone

im a 2015 bride...August 11 to be more to the point so far ive worked out;

our date

the location were thinking of needs special requests from National Land Athorities and it seams like a lot of paper work and not fitting what we want...its my dream venue with so many flaws. serves me right for wanting it out doors

the bridal attire as far as colours styles

wedding colours

music

very rough budget

bridal party members

pretty much just basics and ideas flowing at the momment nothing set in stone

• Posted: 7 Feb 2013 11:00

Wahey my own shout out! Future Mrs Barber you sound so organised...I can't decide on colours, I keep thinking of a different scheme every day. H2B wants monochrome but I'm more peaches and cream myself...budget is non existant right now, we really need to get on to that.

I have picked my best girls though and one's having a baby so hopefully we'll have a little page boy or flower girl joining the team!

Mrs Barber - are you trying on dresses yet?

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 13:01

not yet im meeting with celebrants though because im detirmind to have an outdoor wedding and im so shocked with our rough budget that im trying to find cheeper alteratives to what we went with when we estimated

• Posted: 8 Feb 2013 10:35

it's so bloody expensive isn't it!

I can't wait to try on dresses, but i know if i start now i'm gonna want to buy one, and i want to hold off a bit in case fashions/styles change too much in the meantime!

• Posted: 13 Mar 2013 10:44

Hello! My first post to say.. I'm a 2015 bride! Planning for April 2015.
    I have decided on the wedding colours and am currently trying to figure out the ceremony and reception venue. Looking forward to a wedding fair in 2 weeks which should hopefully give me a bit of inspiration. *fingers crossed* 

• Posted: 14 Mar 2013 23:02

Welcome
  • Posted: 22 Apr 2013 5:53

I am also a 2015 bride! Have only been engaged for less than a month, but I am wanting to get stuck into planning already!

We have set the date , looked into our venue we wanted and they are way too expensive! When do you actually book in the venue??

Gemma x

• Posted: 22 Apr 2013 9:33

Hi Gemima, 

Welcome to hitched.com.au and congrats on your engagement!

You and your hubby to be need to sit down and go through your budget and how many guests you want, then once you're decided on that speak to your venue to see what you can book around the date you want. You may be able to negotiate in terms of cost, by having a weekday wedding, changing the catering options, using your own entertainment etc. If you explain the budget you have, they may be able to work with you. 

The sooner you book your venue, the sooner you can get on with booking all your other suppliers!

Zoe x

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 5 (61 items) 12345Next >