Your honeymoon is the perfect opportunity to unwind and enjoy quality time with your new husband on a romantic break. It can be tempting to spend a fortune on a luxurious, exotic holiday, but if you’ve just spent a similar fortune on your wedding, it may be wise to scale down a bit.
With some careful planning, you can enjoy an amazing honeymoon for less. We’ve put together some tips to help make this a reality.
- Avoid the typical holiday months in the summer and over Christmas. Consider booking in winter. Remember, the Australian winter is summertime for a lot of countries, so you could enjoy a warm break in Europe or America, whilst escaping winter at home.
- Shop around for the best deal. Get quotes from different travel agents and compare specialist honeymoon breaks with normal holidays.
- Use the internet. You can get amazing deals online, so search around. But if anything seems too good to be true, approach with cautious. Research the site and make sure the deal is genuine.
- Research the country you want to visit. You may have to pay for certain visas, taxes, vaccinations and other such things which could all add up to a considerable amount.
- Tell the airline and hotel when you check in that it’s your honeymoon... you never know what upgrades they may be able to offer! It’s always worth a try.
- Consider the cost of living in the area you plan on visiting. If it’s reasonably cheap, it may work out better to go self-catering. But if it’s an expensive area, buying three meals a day can end up costing a lot, so think about going all-inclusive in that situation.
- Book very early or very last minute. Booking far in advance will guarantee you a good deal, but waiting until the last minute could land you a better one...it’s just up to you if you want to take the risk!