Are you looking for a unique wedding venue that will provide a memorable setting for your wedding and wow your guests? We’ve compiled a list of our top ten quirky wedding venues across Australia, and you can browse even more unique wedding venues in our wedding venues section on site!
- Red ScooterRed Scooter aims to create a unique experience for every bride and groom. The Melbourne wedding venue has four flexible event spaces, each with their own individual look and feel. Red Scooter prides itself on not being a plain, blank canvas – it boasts bold decorative details such as lush velvet drapes and glittering chandeliers, designed to appeal to couples with a dramatic sense of style.
For more information visit: www.redscooter.com.au
- Smart Artz GallerySmart Artz Gallery is a Melbourne based wedding venue with a unique and quirky ambience. The industrial warehouse space, adorned with unusual artwork, perfectly contrasts with the stereotypical wedding image. This rare set up makes the art gallery the perfect choice for couples looking for something different.
For more information visit: www.smartartzgallery.com.au
- Utopia @ Waterfall GullyUtopia, a wedding venue near Adelaide, is the only restaurant in Australia – and one of just three in the world – situated by a natural waterfall! Already, this wedding venue stands out as totally unique. Utopia also provides their own extra guest for you — the venue is supposedly haunted by the friendly ghost of Constable Thomas Tregowith, who wanders round whistling, checking all is well.
For more information visit: www.waterfallgully.com.au
- Mandurah CruisesSituated in Perth, Mandurah Cruises provide a unique experience in that your wedding happens on the water! Whether you want to glimpse the sunrise or the sunset on your special day, Mandurah Cruises can make it happen as they float down the Mandurah waterways. When it comes to unique wedding venues, celebrating your wedding on a boat is hard to top.
For more information visit: www.mandurahcruises.com.au
- Bendooley EstateThe fabulous Book Barn at Bendooley estate ensures that this wedding venue has something unique to offer. With views onto the vineyard, exposed wooden beams with huge rustic iron pendant lights, walls of leather-bound new and antiquarian books and a grand stone fireplace, the vast yet intimate Book Barn is quintessentially Southern Highlands — unique, elegant and simply charming.
For more information visit: www.bendooleyestate.com.au
- Aqua DiningSituated by North Sydney Olympic pool, this modern and minimalistic wedding venue offers stunning views of the iconic Harbour Bridge and Opera House. If food is your passion, this unusual and stylish wedding venue is perfect. Aqua Dining uses the freshest Australian produce to create inventive and contemporary functions menu, infusing Italian flavours with depth and integrity. Our extensive award winning wine list is used to create a variety of beverage packages to suit every style of reception.
For more information visit: www.aquadining.com.au
- O’Reilly’s Rainforest RetreatImagine your guests’ faces when they see a wedding invitation that invites them to a Rainforest Retreat! Say your vows surrounded by 20,000 hectares of lush subtropical rainforest, for a truly unique way to say ‘I do’. If you always imagined your wedding day to involve plenty of nature and wild bird song, then you need to consider O’Reilly’s. There’s also the Lost World Spa, the perfect place to relax before or after your big day.
For more information visit: www.oreillys.com.au
- Baha’i Center of LearningIf you’re looking for an environmentally responsible wedding venue with stunning architecture and surroundings, then this Hobart wedding venue could be the one! The Baha’i Center of Learning provides elegant backdrops for your wedding photos and has a choice of ceremony locations, including under the arched dome or in the tranquil courtyard.
For more information visit: www.tasbcl.com.au
- Church364This historic Victorian mansion has plenty of character and charm, and is perfect for couples seeking a wedding venue full of old-time glamour. Stained glass windows, fully operational fireplaces and a grand piano ensure that this Richmond wedding venue will provide a unique setting for your special day. There is also a stunning chandelier that will really add the wow factor to your wedding!
For more information visit: www.church364.com.au
- Quamby EstateQuamby Estate is a unique Tasmanian wedding venue, which combines modern styling with timeless design. Dating back to 1828, the prestigious property is considered to be a gem in Tasmania’s crown. There’s a huge variety of sights and experiences available across the 150 acres of land, ensuring that your wedding will truly be unique. The wedding venue offers a range of different packages to suit any style of wedding, from a formal affair to a party under the stars.
For more information visit: www.quambyestate.com.au