If a traditional wedding dress isn't for you, take a look at this selection of 10 gorgeous shorter wedding dresses
Short wedding dresses have experienced a recent surge in popularity. They’re great for a summer wedding and provide the perfect quirky, vintage twist to a bride’s look. A short wedding dress is also a great option if you’re petite and are looking for a wedding gown that won’t swamp your frame.
We’ve picked out our top ten short wedding dresses here, but visit our bridalwear section to find even more!
- Encore — 4841EThis flirty peplum style short wedding dress from Encore is the perfect choice for the more sophisticated wedding. Lace is big news right now, and the cute peplum adds a flirty twist to the more serious skirt.
For more information visit: www.uk.watters.com
- House of Mooshki — HollyHouse of Mooshki specialises in gorgeous wedding dresses, and has a wide range of short wedding gowns for you to lust over. We especially love their ‘Holly’ dress as the 1950s style and bold stripes give this gown a real quirky twist.
For more information visit: www.houseofmooshki.com
- Ian Stuart —SophiaThis gorgeous gown from Ian Stuart’s 2014 ‘Frill Me’ collection is perfect if you want a shorter wedding dress that still looks traditional. The three quarter length doesn’t reveal too much leg, but the off-the-shoulder neckline still adds a sensual touch.
For more information visit: www.ianstuart-bride.com
- Tara Keely —2406The 2406 by Tara Keely (part of JLM Couture) is a true stunner. The lace bridal mini dress is sure to wow everyone as you walk down the aisle. It’s the perfect choice if you’re marrying in a hot location or just really want to show off your legs!
For more information visit: www.jlmcouture.com
- Alfred Angelo — 2429This pretty lace wedding dress would perfectly suit a rustic or vintage style wedding. The lace adds a feminine and traditional touch to the shorter cocktail length, and the sheer neckline, decorated with lace adds a unique twist.
For more information visit: www.alfredangeloanz.com
- Blue by Enzoani — GageThe Gage wedding dress from Blue by Enzoani is truly unique. The antique gold shoulder and waistline detail transform this short wedding dress into something really eye catching, and there is also irresistible back detail which features cute fabric bows.
For more information visit: www.enzoani.com
- Justin Alexander — 8729If you want a short wedding dress with sleeves, this retro style wedding gown from Justin Alexander is perfect for you. The illusion neckline leads to sheer, three quarter length sleeves, and the natural waistline is emphasised by a satin belt for a flattering look. This dress demands a cute birdcage veil!
For more information visit: www.justinalexanderbridal.com
- Roz La Kelin — FlynnThe Flynn gown from the Pearl Collection at Roz La Kelin is a contemporary take on the short wedding dress. The Chantilly lace edging adds to the dress’s modern charm, as does the layered finish on the full skirts. This wedding dress is perfect for those who want to add their own spin on 50s style.
For more information visit: www.rozlakelin.com
- Moonlight Bridal — T593The T593 from Moonlight Bridal’s Tango Collection is simple but so elegant! The sweetheart neckline is flattering and the ribbon waist belt, complete with fabric flower, is stunning. Add bright wedding shoes or a coloured petticoat for a bold twist.
For more information visit: www.moonlightbridal.com
- Henry Roth — Zoe TooThis super cute 1950s style wedding dress has quirky and fun polka dot details on the bodice and across the floaty skirts. It’s a fabulous choice if you’re looking for a tea length wedding dress with an untraditional twist.
For more information visit: www.henryroth.com
More Bridalwear Articles