10 couture dresses from bespoke bridalwear designers
If you want to feel truly special on your wedding day, consider buying a couture wedding dress, or commissioning a one of a kind bespoke wedding dress. This way you can walk down the aisle in a gown that is unique and will stand the test of time. We’ve selected ten of the best couture wedding dress designers available across Australia and asked them to share their favourite dress to inspire you...
For even more bridalwear inspiration, visit our couture wedding dress section.
- JASONGRECH — MayfairJason Grech is the designer and visionary behind Melbourne-based couture bridal and eveningwear brand JASONGRECH. The Mayfair gown, selected by Jason, showcases his attention to detail and stylish flair. The wedding dress’s structured bodice perfectly contrasts with the flowing skirt, and the intricate lace detailing and delicate belt are high end finishing touches.
For more information visit: www.jasongrech.com
- Jennifer Regan — IsabellaJennifer Regan first launched her brand, Embryo, in the late 1990s, aiming to become one of Australia’s most in-demand couture designers. It was rebranded to Jennifer Regan in 2009 and continues to create classically feminine and sophisticated couture bridalwear. The Isabella gown is a shining example of the dedicated craftsmanship, with ornate beaded lace and a structured bodice over a sensual satin sheath. The scalloped and densely beaded edging adds vintage glamour.
For more information visit: www.jenniferregan.com.au
- House of Mooshki — FloraHouse of Mooshki originally began as a small company creating one-off designs for brides. They now have a ready-to-wear collection and still see over 100 brides a year for custom creations — all featuring their signature inner-bodice work their brides love. The Flora wedding dress is an off the shoulder gown in a soft apricot shade. The gorgeous lace is traditional, whilst the unusual shade makes this dress a real stand out choice.
For more information visit: www.houseofmooshki.com
- Louise Alvarez — AnastasiaLouise Alvarez focuses on creating ultimate luxury with her couture wedding designs. She understands what works on a woman’s body and ensures the fabric of her couture wedding dresses is correctly cut, proportioned and draped in order to flatter the female figure. The Anastasia gown is a perfect example of this — the beaded detail follows the natural curve of the body, and the V neckline and draped sleeves are flattering.
For more information visit: www.louisealvarez.com.au
- Rhonda HemmingwayRhonda Hemmingway provides made to measure wedding dresses, with a genuinely personal service. She has a wealth of A-list clients and is one of a select few authentic couturiers in Australia. If you’re looking for a classic gown with a surprising twist, this one is perfect. The lace sleeves are modest, but the low back is on trend. The organza overskirt can be removed for the evening for a fresh new look!
For more information visit: www.rhondahemmingway.com.au
- Maria ChiodoThis wedding dress, captured at a recent couture show in London, epitomises the classic Maria Chiodo style. Featuring contemporary European styling, the gowns are made from luxurious fabric of the highest quality. This wedding dress has delicate lace over a nude coloured bodice with stunning beaded floral applique. The brand describes their typical bride as gorgeous perfectionists who know exactly what they want — consider Maria Chiodo if that sounds like you!
For more information visit: www.mariachiodo.com.au
- Johanna Johnson — MavenJohanna Johnson creates stunning wedding gowns inspired by old Hollywood glamour — the Maven gown was a particular highlight at the recent unveiling of the Starlet collection in NYC. It’s teamed with the Charltan cape for the ultimate glamorous look. The couture fashion designer has dressed celebrities from around the world, making her the ideal choice if you want a real dose of high end glamour on your wedding day.
For more information visit: www.johannajohnson.com
- Adam Dixon — JadeAdam Dixon knows that the right fabric can transform the everyday into the unbelievably glamorous, and taking inspiration from the decadence of the 1920s and 1930s, he strives to transform brides with his designs. The Jade dress has an on trend open back, with delicate straps and enchanting gold-hued embellishments.
For more information visit: www.adamdixon.com.au
- Corston CoutureCorston Couture wedding dresses are always romantic and stylish, but with a quirky twist. The lace details and sheer sleeves on this unusual wedding gown are classic, but the shorter underskirt, visible beneath the transparent overlay, adds a fun edge to the design. If you love Corston Couture’s creations you can work with head designer Coral Johnston to create the dress of your dreams.
For more information visit: www.corston.com.au
- No. 9 Bridal Couture — French FancyNo. 9 Bridal Couture is an award winning bespoke bridalwear company based in Perth. Head designer Linda Davey wants to make people gasp when they see her gowns. Her favourite design is the French Fancy. She found it easy to single out the champagne silk dupion gown, with its delicate crystal motifs and trim. The gown was inspired by Vivian Westwood and Victoria Beckham’s Vera Wang wedding dress, but adapted to suit a client who wanted shoulder straps.
For more information visit: www.no9bridalcouture.com
More Bridalwear Articles