Welcome to the Wedding Planning Forum

samantha@hitched
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 19 Jun 2012 15:36

Welcome to the Wedding Planning Forum

Hi Brides-to-be,

I thought it'd be a nice idea to have a welcome thread here! Everyone's in the same bridal boat and I'm sure we have plenty of hints, tips and advice to keep each other sane and sensible on this weird and wonderful wedding march.

So feel free to introduce yourself and share some information - where did you meet your other half, how long have you been together, when are you getting married and where? It'd be lovely to get to know you all and to build a real community. So share away!

Until next time, hitchers, happy planning!

Samantha x

• Posted: 16 Jan 2013 14:06

Re: Welcome to the Wedding Planning Forum

Hi!

I'm BrideAC24, but I'll answer to AC!

Me and my OH met on a blind date 2 years ago at a restaurant in Brisbane! We're now looking at ways to incorporate that in our 2015 spring wedding - hoping to tie the knot in late september!

Got engaged two months ago at the restaurant we met at - so surreal! so you see why I'd like to make it my wedding venue!

AC xx

• Posted: 16 Jan 2013 15:00

i'm gator, 26, planning a wedding for may 2014 - date tbc - and me and my hubby to be met whilst on the piss! he fell on to my table at a bar! romance!

been together five years and we're excited to have a big wedding party!!

• Posted: 16 Jan 2013 15:08

Kitkat - tying the knot in 2015 on 5th december, our 10 yr anniv!

pretty excited for that

know each other since college and got engaged on our 5th anniv so this is a pretty long time coming tbh!

• Posted: 17 Jan 2013 22:40

I am getting married on December 14th this year! I can't wait, loads of planning to be done! Excited to meet people in the same position as me :-) xx

• Posted: 19 Jan 2013 7:16

Hiya , I am getting married 28th September in Perth! I cant wait , scarily everything seemed to be on track! Venue is booked, the Zoo! Just planning my honeymoon at the moment and tryingbtinfind some good deals xx

• Posted: 1 Feb 2013 13:07

It's lovely to hear about you all - keep the introductions coming :) even if you're not *officially* a bride to be...we admire forward planning!

• Posted: 20 Mar 2013 20:49

Hi there, 

I'm Jaye, 25. We got engaged on our 7 year anniversary and haven't set a date/year as it is still pretty new! Little overwhelmed tbh! 

We met in my parents lounge room (he was and still is, one of my brothers mates).

We pretty much know what kind of wedding we want, where we want it etc but its a little bit different from your typical wedding! 

Looking forward to sharing ideas and getting LOTS of advice!! 

Jaye <3

• Posted: 20 Mar 2013 22:09

Hi I'm Yasmin, I'm 29 and H2B and I met at my work he has been a customer for a few years and then I came out of a long term relationship and gave myself some time I put myself on an internet dating site and and he happened to be on there and contacted me. We have been together for 2 and half yrs, we will be 3yrs at the end of July.We bought our first house together February 2011 and we got engaged on the 26th January 2012, he proposed on my birthday.So i will have 20 months to plan the wedding but time has gone so fast we have 7 months left.

We are getting married at Allman Hill Park and our reception is at Pier One Function at Panthers in Port Macquarie N.S.W.

• Posted: 11 Apr 2013 9:41

Lovely stories girls, keep us posted as to how your weddings develop!

• Posted: 29 Apr 2013 7:16

Hi to all the B2B's and wedding suppliers,

I'm new to Hitched.com.au and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Emma and I love all things wedding! I've recently set up a small Perth business called Turtle & the Pelican which hires beautiful & practical items for all wedding events; from lace and silk parasols and hand fans for guests to high tea packages for bridal showers.

I believe that flawless and personalised service with appropriate prices for gorgeous products is so important and that's the way I intend to operate Turtle & the Pelican.

WA born and Fremantle raised, I now live in North Perth with my amazing husband who I married in December 2011.

If you want to know more about Turtle & the Pelican, we advertise on Hitched and you can find us under hire suppliers, but otherwise I am looking forward to speaking to you and hearing all about your upcoming wedding plans.

Emma

Posted: 14 May 2013 15:43

Hi, i'm Chantelle aka Future Mrs Barber i'm 22, and me and the H2B met online (pof) in 2011 we exchanged numbers to text and then he called on 11th of Dec and asked me out and hadn't met till a week later i know it sounds weird and everything and some would say creepy but we knew and one day i had nothing to eat so he came over with nachos and we have been together ever since,

we've been together over a year (1 year and 6 months in June) he proposed on Christmas eve 2012 on top of Mt Anslie in the middle of a storm and it was beautiful 

were planing a 2015 wedding in August as its between our birthdays and spring is ment to be the sign of new life and we're thinking doing it outside i havent made any real plans yet just looking for ideas and insperation

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 12Next >